Friday, January 25, 2013

A Memorial

Sadly this week our dear old Jack Russell Jeb passed away peacefully at 17 years of age. We are all missing him, especially our young JR Ollie who has been his companion and partner in crime for the last 4 years. Don buried him in the garden in a spot where he liked to hunt lizards and bugs and lie in the sun. We have put a bird bath in as a memorial to him - not that Jeb really liked birds - especially blackbirds!!!

The agapanthas are adding a welcome touch of colour to the dry summer garden, though they too are suffering, especially where several large trees have had to be removed.  They are such a glorious blue, especially this dark blue one.

This is the traditional colour that we have all over the garden and below is an interesting white variation - pink tinges.

I love the plain white ones - so pure. They really stand out against the greens.
Liz Needle

6 comments:

  1. beautiful flowers and a nice memorial. i´m so sorry ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I'm liking the idea of a birdbath as a memorial and fitting for a backyard garden.
    Your flowers are lovely. I especially like the red and purple flowers together - a beautiful combo.
    Thanks for your visit to my blog. I enjoyed scrolling down your blog. It is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carletta. Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.I am enjoying Frifday Fences. I get to visit some pretty nice people.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your boy, Liz. It's so hard to lose a faithful friend.

    Your garden is gorgeous -- makes me wish for spring all the more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I appreciate your visiting my blog. Glad you enjoyed the garden.

      Delete