Monday, October 22, 2012

Spring Flowers

"And in green underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins."  -  'Atlanta in Calydon', Algernon Swinburne





The first signs of spring in the garden are the daffodils and this year they were absolutely glorious. Along with the daffs were snowdrops,, grape hyacinths, bluebells and jomquils. I love the spring bulbs. They are so cheerful. We also had a few white tulips in flower, but they don't naturalise very well here and I am too lazy to dig them up and replant every year. I like things that are going to come up by themselves.








We had some beautiful camellias this year - they loved the wet and relatively mild winter. Unfortunately I didn't take many photos, but I have a few.







I think my favourite spring blossoms are the flowering apple trees. Such soft delicate colours.


 And so Spring continues. Every day something new awaits around each corner of the garden. I hope you are enjoying Spring at Lenswood.

Liz Needle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment