Sunday, October 28, 2012

So Green is my Garden

"I love Spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden."  Ruth Stout

The days are warming up and everything is beginning to dry out. Soon Summer will be with us and the paddocks around will become dry and dusty.

 Luckily our little valley stays green for a while and the paddock where the creek runs will remain green for a large part of the summer.





We are shaded by tall trees which bring a welcome coolness on the hottest days, but we will get very little summer rain even in the hills and the garden will become dry and tired looking. Water restrictions will be on us and it will be a constant battle to keep plants alive, so it's lovely to walk around taking Spring photos to remind us what will come next year.



At the moment the Viburnum opulus (Guelder Rose) are in flower. I love the huge fluffy balls of tiny white flowers.  I have other Viburnum species too, like 'burkwoodii;, but they are either finished or not quite in flower
Viburnum opulus

Viburnum burkwoodii

Liz Needle


No comments:

Post a Comment